OptimizeIT Premium is the most comprehensive solution enabling cost/effective execution of major IT initiatives
SoftWatch OptimizeIT Premium provides a comprehensive view of applications usage enabling corporations an ongoing management and optimization for all desktop and web applications:
- Move your productivity suite and enterprise applications to the cloud.
- Integrate real usage into your decision making process and allow complete software license optimization. You have no idea how many spare licenses you have already paid for!
- Enable the effective management and execution of IT and transformation processes such as: optimizing your end-user computing, Supporting a BYOD (bring your own device) initiative, upgrading your operating systems and more.
- Prepare yourself for licensing negotiation by being armed with the right numbers and with actual facts.
- Maintain compliance of all your existing software
OptimizeIT Premium uniquely transforms every desktop, laptop or server – real or virtual – into a self-monitoring platform to deliver essential application usage analytics to support major IT initiatives and ongoing optimization in a hybrid cloud environment.The easy-to-use solution enables IT executives to make informed decisions based on actual users needs when planning and executing changes in their IT environment as well as reduce software licensing costs up to 50%.
OptimizeIT Premium is a single solution that can proactively monitor a broad range of applications, terminal servers, virtual servers and Web applications including popular business applications such as:
- Ms Office
- Office 365
- G Suite
- Lotus Notes
In order to fully benefit from OptimizeIT Premium, better prepare for the software vendor negotiations and take advantage of accumulated experience and knowledge, customers can take advantage of consulting services from SoftWatch’s license expert partner. The services include:
- Review the data collected.
- Review Customer’s current volume purchase agreements and license position (based on data supplied by the customer).
- Outline compliance measures and purchasing options that could reduce costs.
- Develop pricing models that would illustrate the cost of these options compared with the customer’s current volume licensing program.
The move to the cloud is a major contributor to the change in IT environment. It poses a huge challenge to IT managers to manage a hybrid environment, where on premise software and cloud services reside side by side. It also affects the end user computing environment and calls for better understanding of users’ behavior when managing and optimizing resources. Desktop virtualization and the penetration of mobile devices and tablets create additional complexity. Hence, the availability of application usage information is becoming essential when planning, managing and optimizing IT resources.
By looking at real usage of software applications and patterns within the enterprise, CIOs now have many options for optimizing their end-user computing environment. The information collected and analyzed by SoftWatch’s OptimizeIT Premium significantly improves IT managers understanding of their resource utilization and guide them how to reduce operational costs. The analysis enables the building of an end-user computing environment that fits the user profile, utilizing various combinations of hardware (powerful WS, standard WS, virtualization and low cost tablets) and software (on premise, cloud based), and by that substantially reduce operational costs over time. The outcome of the OptimizeIT Premium analysis will be a flexible and cost-effective hybrid cloud architecture accommodating different needs of different users at optimal cost. While power users may continue to use advanced applications using powerful workstations, others may be better off using relatively low-cost tablets and cloud-based applications.
OptimizeIT Premium Service
On top of SoftWatch productivity suites solutions, OptimizeIT Premium Service helps companies manage and optimize their end-user computing environment, delivering the data needed to understand application usage of corporate users and optimize resources accordingly. The service is based on an ongoing collection of data regarding the actual usage of all desktop and web applications and services.
In addition to the capabilities provided by SoftWatch productivity suites solutions (CloudIT, OptimizeIT, CloudIT365), OptimizeIT Premium provides organizations with the following main capabilities to support IT major initiatives and needs:
- In depth understanding of the organization’s usage patterns and user segmentation for all software applications and cloud services, including self developed applications
- Software License Optimization (SLO) including:
- Decommissioning of excess licenses
- Reuse of unused licenses
- Identify the needed license mode (viewer/editor) for each user and replace unneeded expensive licensees with cheaper ones
- Provide essential information to support negotiation on Enterprise License Agreement renewal
- Ongoing optimization of software purchasing
- License management
- Compliance management
- Decommission of unused licenses
- Optimization of Citrix servers hosting a productivity suite
- Special analysis of the integral use of MS Office applications in enterprise systems
- Relevant information to support building of user profiles
- Relevant information to support end user computing initiatives (such as OS replacement, Tablets purchasing, BYOD, etc.)
- Relevant information to support decision making processes to move to cloud based applications
- Application monitoring activity: obtaining a list of active applications for each user and machine
- Cleaning up of non-utilized homegrown applications
How it Works
OptimizeIT Premium is a robust and scalable SaaS solution, suitable for supporting any size company that enables customers to have a quick assessment performed on their network without the need to install servers and perform any internal infrastructure changes. It’s secure, lightweight and has an extremely low footprint on the customer’s network.
By using a small easily deployable software agent, OptimizeIT Premium will collect statistical usage information from each user in the company and then securely transmit that information for encrypted storage.
Using a statistical approach enables a reduction of the number of calculations performed by the agent, shifting the load onto SoftWatch’s servers, thus ensuring that no additional load will strain the customer’s environment.
Seamless Data Collection
OptimizeIT Premium software agent collects relevant data from every laptop, desktop and terminal server. Once installed, the software agent begins collecting data on all installed and running applications; it also monitors web browsing information, focus, and actual usage.
The data is then sent securely to SoftWatch’s cloud servers where it is analyzed using statistical models. Detailed reports are generated showing an aggregate view of all software usage and software inventory for real-time tracking, proactive monitoring and license portfolio management
The agent installation package is pre-configured to match customers’ environments and avoids the typical confusion when implementing network-based reporting applications. The windows agent installation file is identical for all Microsoft® Windows®-based 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems and the Mac agent supports the Leopard operating system and above
One-way Transmission From Software Agent to Server
The server never initiates contact with the software agent. Communication is always pushed from software agent to the cloud, securely, over an encrypted connection. The cloud service never needs to “penetrate” the organization’s network. This extremely network-friendly configuration makes deployment very simple and intuitive and enhances security. The agent only requires access to the cloud servers on port 443 (https).
The OptimizeIT Premium software agent is simply deployed on all the company’s computers to get an immediate network-wide view of all software applications (e.g. by software distribution mechanism). After the Agent is deployed, it runs in the background without disrupting users’ workspace. The management console intuitively maps the company’s software inventory, monitors software usage, sets alerts to flag potential problems, views actual license usage and generates historical usage reports. As a SaaS solution,
OptimizeIT Premium requires no ongoing maintenance. The Agent consumes very few system resources, with virtually no effect on host machines.
Secure Data Collection
The Agent immediately starts collecting all relevant applications usage data and sends the information to SoftWatch’s cloud servers for secure storage. There is no key logging whatsoever. SoftWatch uses a proprietary statistical model to determine interactivity and all analysis is done on the server side.
Once information is received on the server side, it goes through multiple batch jobs. To be validated, sanity checked, authenticated and then integrated into the database for secure encrypted storage. The data remains available for retroactive analysis. The analysis outputs the users’ applications runtime, focus time on applications and interactive time with applications. In addition, OptimizeIT Premium also shows the number of installations and the different versions that exist on every machine. Reports are displayed via the web UI. Access to reports is encrypted and users can generate reports based on any date range they wish, provided agents reported information during that selected time period.